Doing a Daily Debriefing of the Trading Session

Successful traders know that a consistent and systematic review of their daily trading activities is the direct path to growing and improving. After the market closes, I like to take half an hour to debrief my trading session.

These are the questions I ask myself and answer in my trading journal:

➢ How many trades did I take?
➢ Did I make any trading mistakes?
➢ How many points or ticks did I take out of the market?
➢ Did I spot any new trading pattern interesting enough to study further?
➢ How was my energy level?
➢ Did I drink enough water during the day?
➢ Did I exercise today?
➢ Did I learn anything new?
➢ Did I find some interesting articles to read later?
➢ Did I come across an interesting trading podcast or book?

The best way to improve your trading is to build on what you have already. An incremental improvement each day will make the difference in the medium and long run.

Besides doing a daily debrief of your trading, you must do a more in-depth review of your trading at the end of the month. What is working well in your trading? What adjustments do you need to make going forward?

You will follow practical steps and acquire the essential skills a successful trader must have in order to consistently win, and you'll also learn:

- how to develop a trading system
- how to utilize the best trading techniques within a trading methodology
- how to think about the psychological aspects of trading and the markets
- how vital it is to treat trading like a business

As you master this breakthrough program, you'll build yourself a distinctive trading signature.

"It took me five years to become a profitable trader and almost another five years to become extremely consistent. If I had come across the right trading material and concepts earlier, I’m sure the learning curve would have been far shorter. This practical book will give you the materials and concepts I wish I’d had early in my career." - Henrique M. Simões

No comments:

Post a Comment